Styles.xml Specification

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Nov 29, 2007 at 3:23 PM
OK, so, the current release doesn't support dynamic building of the styles.xml file....
I'd like to at the very least write a quick class to be able to add new style names to the styles.xml file...but nowhere can I find specifications for the structure of the file. Obviously, I can create a new Excel document and play play around with different styles, and see how they show up in the XML file...but that's a bit kludgy, and I could easily mis-interpret something.

Is there anywhere that has definitive documentation on this file? Best would be if I could find an open source project that supports the use of this file. In the meantime, I have a styles.xml file that I pulled out of an xlsx document...but that's just a quick-hack for now, and I want to be able to manipulate this file dynamically.

Also...when are the plans to finish the ExcelStyle class in this project...if any?
Jan 16, 2008 at 4:52 AM

GreatPumpkinator wrote:
OK, so, the current release doesn't support dynamic building of the styles.xml file....
I'd like to at the very least write a quick class to be able to add new style names to the styles.xml file...but nowhere can I find specifications for the structure of the file. Obviously, I can create a new Excel document and play play around with different styles, and see how they show up in the XML file...but that's a bit kludgy, and I could easily mis-interpret something.

Is there anywhere that has definitive documentation on this file? Best would be if I could find an open source project that supports the use of this file. In the meantime, I have a styles.xml file that I pulled out of an xlsx document...but that's just a quick-hack for now, and I want to be able to manipulate this file dynamically.

Also...when are the plans to finish the ExcelStyle class in this project...if any?

The ECMA specification for the styles.xml can be found here http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/files/ECMA-ST/Office%20Open%20XML%20Part%204%20(PDF).zip